Friday, April 3, 2015

Brisbane Calling

Welcome to autumn in Oz! Classes are now in full swing and I’m perfectly content in saying that taking pictures of kangaroos and spending all of my free time at the beach hasn't lost its charm yet, nor do I think it ever will. In the past month, a lot of my time has been spent at uni working on homework and projects, while the rest of my time is spent enjoying the adventures of daily life in the Sunshine Coast. Whether it’s watching movies, trying new things (praise sweet chili sauce), exploring nearby areas, cooking, or just sitting around with friends, each day brings something wonderful and new.

          




















One of the particularly cool things I did this month was take a train to Brisbane with a group to meet up with our friend’s cousin from the Netherlands. While in Brisbane I spent my first night in a hostel, which I had been pretty nervous about. The hostel was much nicer than I had expected (most likely because I had envisioned a hostel to look like a grungy motel) and the guy at the front desk gave us popsicles and told us some of the best places to visit.  It rained almost the entire time we were in Brisbane, but we made the best of it by buying ponchos from a local shop and wearing them around the city. Despite the rain, we still managed to shop at the Queen Street mall, experience some of the restaurants and night clubs in the Valley, explore South Bank, and visit the Queensland Art Gallery before heading home. All in all it was a good way to spend the weekend and proved to be a great way to experience some of the more urban areas of Queensland. 


Tonight I am leaving for a week-long trip to the Whitsundays for mid-semester break! I couldn't be more excited and I am positive that there will be a lot to talk about when I get back, so stay posted for more pictures and blogs in the near future!  

Sincerely, 
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment